Thread: First silver for 2016

First silver for 2016

In January I bought a new CTX 3030 and since I live in Wisconsin, everything is frozen so the CTX has not seen any use. Two nights ago I figured I'd give it a try since things have melted a bit. Just turned it on and used the program that comes up when you turn it on. Figured I'd try and dig up anything that came up as under 3'' since its still frozen under that. Hunted about an hour and found 28 cents. Went out last evening for about 2hours and still trying to learn the machine so just digging repeating high tones under 3''. Found a Lia Sophia ear ring, a bent up silver ring and a 1928 mercury dime and 86 cents. I'm liking the CTX a lot. Can't wait to get out and really learn the machine. Thanks for reading

And my first quarter, dime, nickel, and penny found with the CTX

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Wow, nice finds especially for 3 inches or less.
    Congrats on the merc & ring
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Wow that is great you got not only a chance to go detecting finally but also some silver! Congrats on the new machine and finds!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Congrats on the nice silver!
    Coins found so far: (DETECTING SINCE JULY 2015)
    Silver - 1 SLQ, 6 Washingtons, 11 Mercs, 8 Rosies, 1 Barber Dime, 7 War Nickels
    Others - 6 buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, 1 colonial copper, 5 IHP, and too many wheats.

DETECTORS USED
    Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, and Pro-Pointer AT

Nice! Wait until you go deeper than 3".

Great finds. Hope to one day have a CTX3030. I cannot sell my e-trac so just have to save some money.
    2017 Total:
    Mercs= 2
    Wash=1
    Seated=1
    total slivers=4
    Wheats 8.
    Indians=4 (1864,1865,1888)
    LG cents=1
    1 Sliver Pendent, 2= 3-ringers, 2 tokens

Most Valuable find ever: 1834 C.B. dime, Oldest 1776 1/2 Reale, Biggest 1822 CB half.
    Detectors: E-trac and F75LTD2

Thanks everyone! Certainly did not expect to find one where I was hunting. Parking lot grass island but the lot was made around 1998

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Excellent finds in still frozen ground, congratulations! We were just getting started over here in Michigan then POW 10 inches fell Tuesday-Wednesday. Guess I'll just focus on the maple season for a few more weeks.
    Treasure hunters for life

Garretts AT Pro, and Whites Treasure Pro

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Nice way to start the year. yes there is frost in the ground and the only place to do most of the time is between the high and low tide marks. Good day a field!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Very nice! Way to start with the new machine. I expect you will be very surprised once you let it loose!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Very nice! Way to start with the new machine. I expect you will be very surprised once you let it loose!
    Can't wait for it to thaw more! Had to pass on some signals as I figured I wasnt going to chisel down 5 or more inches for a possible penny. Do that later

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    I was shocked today to see an entire field was thawed. Can't quite remember where you are at but I am pretty sure I am South of you a bit so I hope you saw that 50 degree weather as well this weekend. Nice Merc, I am sure you will do well this year with the 3030. Keep swinging. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Sweet Merc !
    Always looking for that next ring !!