Thread: Best hunt ever, 7 silver coin spill plus some other goodies.

Threaded View

Best hunt ever, 7 silver coin spill plus some other goodies.

The story goes like this:yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday and we went to a nearby restaurant to celebrate. Since their parking lot is small there is a lot next door with an uninhabited house built in 1860 on it that's used for overflow parking. I asked the restaurant owner if he owned the house and he said he did. Of course the next question was "is it possible to get permission to detect there" to which the owner said yes. This morning I went there to give it a shot. Nothing but a few wheats and a religious medal for 2 hours. Then it starts raining and the wind gusting to about 30mph but I'm not going anywhere because this place looks just too juicy to leave. So I wait out the crappy weather and go to the hill in front of the house. I finally get a weird but solid signal and dig up a war nickel. So now I can leave happy. I stick the pinpointer back in the hole, get another signal and out pops the 1928 SLQ. Then the 1944 walker, a 1920 Merc, 2 Rosie's and another war nickel. The most silver coins I ever found in a day were 3 and today I got 7 out of the same hole !! Also found another religious medal, 3 wheats, a cool token from a Hartford bank and an ornate button. Needless to say it was a good day! I'm going to try to get back there tomorrow because I only got to do about half the yard. Sorry for the sideways pics.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  111.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  120.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  149.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MIKE54; 02-29-2016 at 07:03 PM.