Thread: What time is it?

What time is it?

I got out today to another park for the first run there. The area dates back to the 1880s so hoping for some old goodies. The targets were surprisingly sparse, but deep. Little clad, and no silver yet. But i did manage to find a 1930 and 1939 wheatie. Lots of older memorials down deep too. But i did manage to get a nice 12-46 signal at 8 inches. Hoping for a silver quarter, or even a half I was surprised when I pulled up a big round pocket watch. Pretty destroyed, but was able to read the stampings-New Haven Clock Co. USA Pat. Pend.
    With a little research I found their patent was approved in 1908, so this watch is likely older than this or it would have the patent # stamped in it.

Name:  20160326_190426.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  20160326_190615.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  26.3 KB

Name:  20160326_190554.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  57.3 KB

Most of the $3.16 in clad and the keys came from a morning hunt at the local high school.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Cool find! Keep it up Chris!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Nice. I think the only complete watch I ever found was a regular analog wrist watch. Never a complete pocket watch... or complete enough. Found maybe a back or the bezel missing the glass. But you are right about the pat date. The last suspender clip I pulled had two patent dates stamped into it. Even those darn lantern pieces have a patent date... which means they were lost sometime after 1874.

definitely some older finds Chris , I bet there is some silver hiding around !

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    definitely some older finds Chris , I bet there is some silver hiding around !

Dan
    yep, seems to be so many high/old targets that silver has to be there.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew