Thread: finally got my etrac

finally got my etrac

I ordered my etrac from kellyco and 2 days latter it was delivered to my house , now that's service. I couldn't wait to try it so I killed all the remotes in the house at the risk of death to make it happen . after just twenty minutes in my yard over ground that I have detected at least 30 times with my atpro I got two of the oldest pennies that I have found an old alum play coin and what looks like an old musket ball {but I doubt it}. all these were found at a minimum of 6 inches deep. I have a lot to learn but a good start.

Good luck with your new machine!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Nice machine- going to be a bit of a learning curve, but it will amaze you how much an improvement it is.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

working on that learning curve and finding a lot of coins. I haven't found anything old but deep coins from ground that I ve already dug.

belive it or not the e trac is not that hard to learn you will not be long before you are doing well people on this forum are very helpful between them and putting in the time you will be making great finds looking forward to seeing them posted soon

I have slowed way down. detected 6 hours today over used ground did pretty well found an old pocket watch that I had missed with my atpro. the numbers are slow to come up or they don't change at all for awhile is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Congrats on the new maching Ken.
    Glad to see you got away from that witch doctor in one piece. You didnt happen to get out of there with her broom did you? lol.
    GL&HH

I agree with POKIE73, I don't think the E-Trac is all that difficult to learn. In fact, you can pretty much just turn it on and go straight out of the box.

Sometimes I have noticed that the target ID numbers are slow to change on the display. It depends on the depth of the target and the signal strength. The numbers will be slower to change on deeper or smaller targets.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome to the dark side! muhahahahahahaha! You'll be pulling in those oldies all the time now. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Candidate Member
    I have been using mine for several months now, Not that bad at all,the only thing is now I forgot how to use my AT PRO??

Candidate Member
    Hello all,,jumping in on this thread if you don't mind,,,,I ordered the 13" Ultimate DD Coil for mine the other day, Anybody have any experiences opinions with this coil?

that's good to know I thought something was wrong with the etrac. I think I need to see in person with someone who uses the etrac to see the speed of the swing . I think im slow enough but there seems to an awful lot of
    signals is that normal ?

in the short time I've used my etrac I retrieved over 150 coins,1911 token , class ring , 1904 ih and an inscribed
    wedding band dated 1907 . im talking 2 weeks .

Congrats on the new machine!! You should buy Andy Sabisch's book on the E-Trac, as it will help greatly to lessen the learning curve!!
    Minelab CTX3030

Minelab E-Trac

Fisher CZ-21

Fisher CZ-6

Garrett Pro Pointer & Garrett Pro Pointer AT

Predator Tools Model 35 - Piranha Shovel & Model 85 Digger

Began metal detecting in 1984.

Very first Metal Detector: Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3