Thread: Back to the Woods aug-3

Back to the Woods aug-3

I went back with the Bug spray this time! It payed off! I deff will have alot more hunting there when the scrub dies off after winter.Sure wish i could take a small tractor in and bush hog that place down tho Hehe.Gonna have to be the Bush hog myself tho ! Thx for watching,HH everyone. Back to the Woods.MOV
    E-Trac

Re: Back to the Woods aug-3

Nice digs! We should get together sometime... I think I'm about an hour east of you? Though I don't know that I have what it takes to fight all that scrub you're swinging in! I sure as heck admire that kind of determination.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Hey, nice buckle and it sure looks like its an older one. Not anywhere near the date on that nickel We find those at colonial and post colonial sites and they are a good sign of an old site. Congrats on the large cent too. Sometimes they made washers out of them. But they also would put a hole in them and tack them up above their door to signify the date of completion in building their house. So maybe you have a cellar hole nearby or a possible on grade cabin site. Watch out for an open well in all that brush. It hurts to fall down one lol Nice hunt!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Hey, nice buckle and it sure looks like its an older one. Not anywhere near the date on that nickel We find those at colonial and post colonial sites and they are a good sign of an old site. Congrats on the large cent too. Sometimes they made washers out of them. But they also would put a hole in them and tack them up above their door to signify the date of completion in building their house. So maybe you have a cellar hole nearby or a possible on grade cabin site. Watch out for an open well in all that brush. It hurts to fall down one lol Nice hunt!
    Turns out the Buckle is a Batwing type. late 1700's.I havent located any cellar holes in there or wells yet.But the lake is man made with a creek running thru it that keeps it feed and full.I didnt see the lake on an 1870s map,but found it on an early 1900's map.This area has alot of history so No telling how it got there.Most sites like this have Houses on them around here Now adays.They had a swimming/park there for atleast 30 years.Plus people have been sneaking in there since it closed,including me when I was a kid.There were days we'd get kicked out of there 2 or 3 times.Lucky the guy never called the cops lol.Back then people were more tolerant tho.Im gonna see if I can get permission to wack some of that brush down this fall.Must be 90 to 100 % Humidity here today.No Hunting for me.Thx for the comment.HH
    E-Trac

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    Nice digs! We should get together sometime... I think I'm about an hour east of you? Though I don't know that I have what it takes to fight all that scrub you're swinging in! I sure as heck admire that kind of determination.
    Sounds like a plan.Im always down for some Hunting.You should have alot of cellar Holes out your way.Id be willing to drive sometime if you wanna get out.Thx for the comment.
    E-Trac

Elite Member

Thanks for the vid....I enjoyed watching, sure beats doing real work. Congrats on the large cent.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Nice hunt and good video....seems as tho I have been watching them for a few years now. I do enjoy them, especially when you show the signal to dig to target sequence. What a pain that must be whilst holding a camera! thanks again.
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Your not kidding! Its very Hard to try and dig and film ,and not shake around so much you guys loose your lunch watching LOL.I need to get some sorta tripod...I just didnt wanna have to carry another item..some of these spots are a long hike..and the more stuff I have to carry thru that brush really beats you down after awhile.Thx for watching..Ill try to improve the quality of my shots .Take care...HH
    E-Trac

Veteran Member

Very cool hunt. Love the one you found the Mercury dime on the ground!

I really like watching your videos. They are very well done and interesting. I am hoping you get some big cache or something and we can share in the hunt with you. You definately aren't afraid of hard work....and poison ivy..lol. Best of luck to you
    DFX, 6x10dd, 5.3, stock 950. 120mm pp. E-Trac, Garrett PP

Candidate Member

Well done right on thumbsup01