Thread: Sunday Snow Hunt.

Sunday Snow Hunt.

I Was hoping to head up to the northern part of the state today with Jarrod but Mother Nature had other ideas. So Jarrod and I were forced to hit a few sites in the Southern part of the state. We located 6 sites in all, 1 was filled with shell casings, the next was totally inaccessible, briars everywhere, the third was only partially accessible, I got a Mercury dime spill there, 1937 & 1923. 4th site was a nice old colonial but it was POUNDED! (And filled with shot gun shells). I got two buttons there. 5th site was pounded and the 6th site was trashed. Still in a fun day to be frolicking in the snow. HH
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by RIdirtdigger; 04-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

The day wasn't a bust. Two silvers, although way later than you were hoping for, saves the day every time.
    And you guys and all of those buttons! Man! They're everywhere! The colonist must of had to pull their pants up a lot!
    Congrats on the keepers!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Nice set of Mercs and buttons to boot. Very nice!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

At least you ended up with some silver. I hope you checked the obvious spot with a lot of traffic which I could see in the first pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    And you guys and all of those buttons! Man! They're everywhere! The colonist must of had to pull their pants up a lot!
    Yeah.... esp the Dandies....

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    At least you ended up with some silver. I hope you checked the obvious spot with a lot of traffic which I could see in the first pic.

I read somewhere that the average clothing outfit had an average of 16 buttons during that time span.

Way to show Mother Nature that a little snow can't stop determination.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post

Sadly that spot was littered with bullets and shell casings. After digging at least 5 each, all at various depths we moved on. That site had very little iron so I don't think it had much money to begin with.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

I'll give you credit for being out in that cold wet mess , you boys remind me of a few guys i know !!
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album