Thread: CT Group Hunt, weekend digs, yesterday's surprise find

Threaded View

CT Group Hunt, weekend digs, yesterday's surprise find

Been a fun week. Last Wednesday I met up with Isaac and Sam and brought them to a few of my spots in Rhode Island. Sadly the spots never panned out and we ended up getting more ticks on each of us then we did finds in our pockets. Thursday I met up with Isaac and Robert in CT and we hit a bunch of cellar holes. We all did well, Isaac got two coppers, a KG2 farthing and a draped bust half cent in amazing shape. I got two coppers as well, a NJ copper in amazing shape and a draped bust half cent. Isaac also dug a silver cuff link and an amazing colonial button spill where two of the buttons are still connected by clothe. Robert also did well and found a bunch of colonial relics. All in all and awesome day of detecting. Saturday I got out with Jarrod but the sites didn't pan out. Dug a worn to death 1874 Indian and a 1941 Mercury dime. Sunday got out for a few hours, but once again the site didn't pan out, so I went back to an old site close by and dug a fatty Indian head. Yesterday I didn't think I was gonna get out at all but the rain stopped and I managed to get out for an hour to a random and extremly obvious colonial cellar hole. You could actually see the depression from the air on google earth. First target I dug was what I believed to be a pewter medallion or counterfeit coin. I tucked it away and continued looking for that copper I knew was at the site. Well turns out I had already dug one. The coin is my first ever Rosa Americana Two Pence! Massive coin and it's very corroded but I am happy to take it. Overall nice weekend, hope you enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images                       
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button