Dan already summed up our adventures from Saturday, so I'll keep it brief.

Spot #1 looked great with hardly any walls, all by it's lonesome, and even the tiny road into it was mostly overgrown by mountain laurel. I managed a small iron shoe buckle frame, and toasted pewter button near the cellar hole, and that was it. Off we went.

After the off-road adventure, and a march through a marsh and mountain laurel, we came onto what turned out to be a fantastic site. The only fly in the ointment was loggers had left a mess in the area. Despite the sheer amount of items we dug, there's still more there we simply couldn't get at.

Thank you Dan, it's a day of digging I won't soon forget, that's for sure!! And definitely made up for last week's lack of finds in the rain.
Here's the group shot of what I dug. 39 complete buttons, a few pieces, a couple large thimbles, and a cut copper that may be too slick to ID. I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning and tumbling everything.
Name:  MyHaul.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  92.1 KB

We dug identical dandy buttons. He's mine cleaned up showing a little silver wash.
Name:  FancyDandy.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  79.4 KB

Nice floral design in a sunburst with a bit of gold gilt left.
Name:  FloralButtonBetter.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  61.4 KB

Assorted other buttons.
Name:  ConcaveButton.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  GroupBackmarks.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  80.5 KB
Name:  Robinson.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  SmallButton.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  49.7 KB

My tombac score for the day.
Name:  Tombacs.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  78.3 KB

A button with a good sized scrap of cloth or wool attached still.
Name:  Cloth1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  68.7 KB
Name:  Cloth2.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  69.5 KB

And the two big thimbles. Maybe whoever wore Dan's huge buckle frame owned these thimbles too.
Name:  Thimbles.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  53.6 KB