Thread: 2 weeks of hunting: shoe buckle, 2 coppers, and 18th/19th century relics

Threaded View

2 weeks of hunting: shoe buckle, 2 coppers, and 18th/19th century relics

I've done a lot of detecting in the past two weeks but have only a few notable finds. Two weekends ago I found a nice lightly hit site, got some relics and a copper (it's a toasted slick rick), a few quick hunts during the week (more relics), and then i found another lightly hit site on Saturday that gave up some dandy buttons and my 2nd ever complete shoe buckle. Like the first one, this one also has moving pins so I am very happy about that. Sunday I got out with Jarrod but we found more pounded sites, managed to squeak out some buttons but that was basically hit. He had to take off around noon but I kept on digging, and hit two more sites. The first one I skunked out, and the 2nd one was just as pounded but I got an iffy signal and saw a nice copper disk in the hole. 1837 matron. I left 5 minutes later, the bugs were after me and I felt good that I had salvaged the day. Hoping the next few sites turn out better than the past few have. Until then, happy hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button