Thread: Saturday Group Hunt and a Little Door Knocking

Threaded View

Saturday Group Hunt and a Little Door Knocking

Alec and I headed out to Davenport, Iowa this morning to participate in a group hunt.
    After we registered we had about an hour and a half to detect on our own. Signals were scarce, I think only 3 good coins were dug during the open hunting. I got one good signal, a solid 12-13 at 7 inches.Thought for sure I had at least a Buff. Fortunately I was wrong. I pulled out a very nice 10K class ring. A 1978. ( I knew if I keep digging all those nickel signals, I would eventually find Gold. )

Then in the afternoon, they had 2 seeded hunts. Not very challenging, but still a lot of fun. Alec dug 10 silvers and I dug 11.
    We each got a Walker. We also dug a boat load of clad. Hey, I also won a Mine Lab canteen, flash light and a Fisher hat in the raffle.

On the way home, we decided to stop and find an old house to detect. The first house I asked said yes.
    My first good find was a 25 cent trade token. Then about 20 minutes later i dug a 1944 merc.
    Alec slept in the car!!! LOL
    Ended up being a good day

I only added the one merc to our silver count. The seeded silvers don't count .
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos