Thread: My slump is over - BIG TIME

Threaded View

My slump is over - BIG TIME

I have't been getting out much lately and when I have, I haven't been finding much. Today that all changed!!

I started out Solo this morning looking for some old farm houses. Got a couple of no's and a few no answers. So I decided to call my friend Tim and do some door knocking in some small towns. While I was was waiting for him to drive out and meet me, I got a permission at a turn of the century house. In the first 20 minutes, in I dug a 1964 Rosie and an 1897 Indian.
    Except for a few wheats, that was it for coins. I did manage a smashed Crotal bell, a thimble and a harmonica reed.

When Tim got there we decided to move to another town that we have hit in the past. We saw an old house with a nice lawn and a wrought iron fence surrounding the property. I was a little Leary about asking there, but we did and got a very friendly yes. In the first half hour I dug over a dozen wheats and Tim already dug 3 silver dimes. Finally I get a decent high tone and pull out a 1952 Washington. Ok cool, I'm on the board. A little while later I get a 7-49 at about 6". When I started to dig I ran into nothing but roots. I kept chopping away at them to see what was down there. I finally got to it and pulled out a 1951 Franklin half. Unfortunately, I dinged it with the lesche. ( I hate digging thru roots ). About a half hour later i get a 12-46 at about 5". I'm thinking probably a clad quarter. Once again tons of roots. I tried being careful just in case it was a silver quarter. Then I see it, another Half Dollar. Only this time I see the back and immediately said OMG, It's a Seated. WOW. I rinsed it off with the garden hose and saw it was an 1861-O and that once again I got it with the lesche. Did I mention " I hate digging thru roots?" I ended up with 27 wheats as well. I guess my slump is over!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos