Thread: Two Barbers: One small and one BIG

Threaded View

Two Barbers: One small and one BIG

I had a small window of opportunity to get out for a hunt this past Saturday, and I found these goodies along a sidewalk strip behind a grade school in a really old neighborhood in a town that was founded in 1835. I definitely plan to visit this site again, as I only had time to detect a small portion of it.

Incredibly, the very first signal I dug was a 1912-S Barber Half Dollar! You can imagine how my imagination ran wild regarding the potential of this site.

By the end of my short 2-hour hunt I had an 1897 Indian Head Cent, a 1900 Barber Dime, a Chrysler token, a Minneapolis-Moline fob, and an old lead bullet of some kind.

Name:  Pile-0528.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  78.7 KB

Here is the Barber Half before cleaning:
    Name:  Barber Half Dirty-Obv.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  68.3 KB
    Name:  Barber Half Dirty-Rev.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  71.1 KB

... and after cleaning:
    Name:  Barber Half Clean-Obv.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  138.4 KB
    Name:  Barber Half Clean-Rev.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  69.0 KB

I think this was a watch fob, but the loop is broken off the top. It looks like someone scratched the initials "ARH" on the back of it.
    Name:  MM Badge-Obv.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  111.9 KB
    Name:  MM Badge-Rev.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  120.4 KB

This old bullet was a nice surprise. The neighborhood I was hunting is quite old, so it may have some age to it. Can any of you experts out there tell me anything about the caliber or the age of it?
    Name:  Bullet.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  51.2 KB

This Chrysler token is quite large, about the size of a silver dollar. I'm not sure how old it is, but it cleaned up nicely.Name:  Token-Obv.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  69.1 KB
    Name:  Token-Rev.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  80.0 KB

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg