I already had a fantastic week of detecting but on Saturday it went to a level I only dream about. I had to pick up my boys in the afternoon who were staying at my Moms about 4 hours away. I decided I would hit a couple old towns along the way hoping to find some silver or old indians.

I got to my first destination (and only destination) about 7:30am. After 10 minutes I got a 1959 D rosie and was happy with that. 10 minutes later I was digging a deep 12-43 ish signal and what came out was an 1889 Seated dime! I was thrilled!!

The next couple of hours I only found a few wheats. I came across a deep wheatie signal 12-39ish and out in my pile I saw a small silver coin. I knew it was either a Half Dime or a Canadian Fishy or 5 center. Turns out it was a worn 1853 Seated Half Dime!

Name:  Seateds F.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  142.1 KB
Name:  Seateds B.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  127.3 KB

Then 20 minutes later I came across a 1-32 which is normally an iron junk signal but it was hitting both ways and it was deep. The signals here were not great due to iron and dry conditions. Anyway I dug down about 10 inches and I noticed that my signal now was 5-43. A scoop of dirt later and I saw it....a freaking monster silver coin! 1882 Morgan Dollar!

Name:  Dirt.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  86.9 KB
Name:  Morgan F.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  69.2 KB
Name:  Morgan B.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  79.9 KB

I also found 4 Indians all from the 1800's...1881, 1890, 1892 and 1894.

Name:  Indians.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  81.5 KB

I can't wait to go back but it might not be until the fall. I want to go when the ground is wetter and I would really like for my friend to join me. I took videos of each of those silvers when I found them (not live digs but live reveals) just for him to not only share my excitement but to encourage him to come up to hunt with me like old times.

I am very thankful and blessed to have found all of these crazy coins this past week!

Thanks for looking! Jared