Thread: Mixed Shallow Water And Land Hunt

Mixed Shallow Water And Land Hunt

Very early this morning I headed to a local swimming hole to detect for a couple of hours. I picked up two mercury dimes, a silver and a junk ring, a silver necklace, and a 14k gold band. Then late in the day I detected at a park for about 90 minutes and picked up a 1956 Washington silver quarter.

I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather. The recent high humidity has made it tough detecting at the parks.

HH!

Re: Mixed Shallow Water And Land Hunt

Not a 30 silver coin day for you, but better than my best day so far this year!! Is this swimming hole at a park, private pond, river, crick ? I could see doing a pond but the cricks and rivers around me have either been flooded, eroded and or had flood control work done that has destroyed any historically intact simming holes for me. You have had some stupendous success with your water sites, congrats again!!!

I'm starting to get tired of the heat and humidity myself It just wears you down. Nice couple of early Mercs and in super condition. Don't believe I ever found a 1930 That is depression days and them dimes hurt when lost Nice chain and ring!!

Quote Originally Posted by xzlr8n View Post
    Not a 30 silver coin day for you, but better than my best day so far this year!! Is this swimming hole at a park, private pond, river, crick ? I could see doing a pond but the cricks and rivers around me have iither been flooded, eroded and or had flood control work done that has destroyed any historically intact simming holes for me. You have had some stupendous success with your water sites, congrats again!!!
    The one I detected today is more of a pond and it's found at a public park. It isn't the same place where I found the 30 silver coins this past Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I'm starting to get tired of the heat and humidity myself It just wears you down. Nice couple of early Mercs and in super condition. Don't believe I ever found a 1930 That is depression days and them dimes hurt when lost Nice chain and ring!!
    Yeah, it does wear you down for sure. It just makes for uncomfortable detecting. Autumn is around the corner though.

The two mercs would clean up very nicely, but I may leave them as they are.

The gold band you found makes it worth it. But still, you never fail to find silver.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Veteran Member

great finds , yes indeed , been to humid here , 100, dew point 80 , im meltttting
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Very nice! Take advantage of the heat and get in the water, I say.

you have 1,000 silvers in your sights now! nice going dude!

Veteran Member

Once again nice coins.

What detector did you use in the swimming hole? The gold ring is a sweet dig. I might be in the minority but I'd take a band like that over some silver coins any day. Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Thats a nice lookin' ring!
    Looks pretty beefy
    The silver is sweet too of course
    Congrats

Very Nice!!!
    E-Trac

Great hunt!!

A few weeks ago we had a major storm roll through our area that dropped 10 plus inches of rain over the course of 24 hours. A resort lake that has been heavily used since the 30's couldn't contain the volume of water that was dumped into it. The dam broke and completely emptied the lake. I saw it as a great opportunity for metal detecting, but the DNR, Sheriffs dept and State Patrol thought otherwise. Currently they have the whole place as off limits. Hopefully that will change soon.

Congrats on your finds.

Why wont they let u detect the lake bottom??? Is it muddy and dangerous still?