Thread: Meet up with Don and Alec

Threaded View

Meet up with Don and Alec

Hey Diggers,
    Yesterday I met up with Don and Al for some detecting in one of our favorite towns. We had quite an interesting day. Lot's of yesses and one crazy no. The guy acted like he wanted to fight me! LOL. Someone called the cops on us also. These cops were very nice and just wanted to make sure we weren't robbers or scammers. We hunted 6 houses (all late 1800s) and NO silver coins! I found a dozen or so wheat cents. I did manage a silver ring at the last house so I avoided the No-silver-drive-home-of-shame once again. It's a 1930s Girls Scouts ring. I have found one before so now I have two. My best find of the day is a 1929 motorcycle fob. In good condition they sell for a couple hundred bucks. The design changed every year so there is a large group of collectors. Check out this website http://www.weirsbeach.com/Largejpgs/...rchandise.html to see what the fobs looked like each year.

I also found a 1930's Green River Whiskey token. One house (1870s) we stopped at made us drool it was SO perfect. The man who lived there was friendly and quickly gave us permission. He mentioned he found 2 coins in his garden but didn't know what they were. He just eyeballed them. He showed them to us. An 1877 seated dime and a flying eagle cent! That made us drool even more. We spent 2 hours there and realized it had been hammered. 4 wheat cents between us was the only old coins we found!

As always it was a blast meeting up with Don and Alec. Thanks guys for another fun trip.

Name:  IMG_1296.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  58.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1301.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  76.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1302.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  64.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1304.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  89.9 KB

Here is some other pics too.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Full Metal Digger; 09-04-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger