Thread: failed.....strike one, strike two....three strikes I'm out

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

failed.....strike one, strike two....three strikes I'm out

Decided to spend some quality time with my pa so it was off to steak darts at the 50 Plus Club. Hell it was nice to be the youngest amongst the crowd.

Got paired up with a couple of nice blue haired ladies and promptly lost 4 of our 7 games. No steak there.....strike one! Tied my father for high score with a 140 and we had a play off of 9 darts total score...beat me by 12. No steak there.....strike two!
    Then headed out to a nearby park to get quota. Ran out of time as I wanted to catch the New England/Buffalo game. Had a Pro line bet with Buffalo to win....no steak there.....strike three.
    However the day was not a total loss as pa gave me permission to haul more stuff and store it in his shed ( mostly eyeball stuff I dragged home from digs)thus getting the Honey Bunny in a good mod while adding to the "Must get three weeks in the UK Fund."

Also had to think long and hard as James from the Rio Grand Valley Metal Detecting Club sent me a post whereas 2 Freedom 3's were for sale............................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Sounds like a fun day despite going vegetarian, LOL!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!