I've been getting a lot of exercise lately and think I found something that matches me, I've had a terrible habit since forever of looking for things on the ground. Managed to get out about 4 times for 4-6 hours with a bounty hunter and did a test before I left on a 14k ring, shouldn't have ignored all the nickel/tab signals in hindsight. Anyway I'm up to about 2.50 and have noticed how bad modern coins disagree with dirt after a few years, the oldest today was a wheat penny. It's getting me outside, so even if it's a bust it's good for me. I am wondering how many people collect iron and try to scrap it after a few months. +15 pounds of rocks. Does anyone with a time ranger have a preference between the standard coil and the nugget detector? I usually don't have any rejections programmed because I've noticed that signal tones fluctuate by the speed you swing it and a few times it's been wrong (like aluminum sounding like silver). The area by me is finicky, the soil is rich and rocks in the ground seem to bounce targets.