Thread: Walker, Mercs, + Other Keepers

Walker, Mercs, + Other Keepers

Another morning trip to the lake yielded me several more good finds - a 1945 Walker and two mercury dimes, dated 1936 and 1941, a 1945-P wartime nickel, several wheat cents, religious pendants, and a silver ring.

The Walking Liberty half should clean up nicely, and I think the dimes will too.

The wheat cents and wartime nickel are in nice shape as well.

More religious pendants, rings, and another silver necklace.

This is the second set of keys I have pulled from the lake. Who goes swimming with their keys?

HH!

Re: Walker, Mercs, + Other Keepers

Are you actually cleaning all of these silver pond finds or are you leaving them for later? Slimmer pickings this time around but you did get some good ones. If I ever need a religious medal, I know where I can get one You have to put them all on one chain

Re: Walker, Mercs, + Other Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Are you actually cleaning all of these silver pond finds or are you leaving them for later? Slimmer pickings this time around but you did get some good ones. If I ever need a religious medal, I know where I can get one You have to put them all on one chain
    I'm leaving them for later. I have cleaned a few I thought I should place in 2X2s though. There is more stuff at that lake, I'm sure, but they are fairly spread out, so it will take some time to find what is there.

I've been saving all of the religious pendants I have found over the past few years. Many are sterling silver, so they are worth keeping.