Thread: Squeezing Out One More Hunt!

Squeezing Out One More Hunt!

Haven’t been out much due to Christmas doings and lousy weather, I did get out earlier in the month to find a ring and that was sucessfull, yesterday the sun came out and temps were in low forties so I took the opportunity to get out to a field. When I got there I found that the farmer had turned it so I was hopeful that the plow might have turned up some more goodies. I did see more brick and glass than before so that was good, what was not good is that the rain from the days before soaked it and the ground was exceedingly soft. At first not too bad as there was a bit of frozen crust but within 20 minutes the sunshine turned it in to a mud pit, making walking extremely hard due to the 10 pounds of mud cling to my boots! I got worn out within a couple of hours of slipping and sliding but I was rewarded with some decent finds. A couple of small suspender clip rings, a thimble, a piece of a ceramic pipe, nice small Conestoga bell, three flat buttons and an 1888 Indian Head with nice detail but suffering plow damage. Good to get out for what should be the last hunt of the year.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Great finds despite battling the mud! I can relate, beginning of December was like that in my area. Every 5 minutes had to shovel my feet out of the mud balls.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Good for you to get out. You got some nice digs to show for it. Good job on the ring return !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Good for you on the ring return, she looks thrilled! Interesting design on that conestoga too. I've never found even part of a clay pipe...congrats Tony!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

You were rewarded with some nice finds despite the foot clinging MUD. I think most of us have had had that happen to us and its not a pleasant experience. Hope 2017 is a very productive year for you and Diane.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album