Thread: New member

Enjoy reading many detecting forums, I am always learning, have been doing this(Metal Detecting) 25+ years. Retired two years ago, and never looked back. sprailroad, Grants Pass, OR.

Congrats on your retirement sprailroad! I'm glad you stopped by and I hope you'll share some of your experience! Any special finds you'd care to share?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

OxShoeDrew of Conn. Thank you for the welcome. Any special finds? Nothing special as of late. Although, one special find that now stands out is a quote from Andy Sabisch"s book. So often we are asked by others who have never detected, but are curious, "What is the best or most valuable thing you have ever found". That has always been hard to answer. But I think Andy pretty well summed it up with this quote. "The most valuable thing I have ever found while treasure hunting is piece-of-mind"

Quote Originally Posted by sprailroad View Post
    "The most valuable thing I have ever found while treasure hunting is piece-of-mind"
    I'm going to use that!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome to our forum! Lots of good folks and great advice on here. Also, we like pictures of finds! Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Welcome to the forum Sprailroad and congratulations on your retirement Thank you for joining our little piece of the internet .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hi & welcome from Northern Illinois. There are a lot of good people here, I'm glad you found us!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Welcome from New Jersey!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Retirement and been digging for 25 years.....I want your life. Welcome and looking forward to seeing your finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Aloldstuff, Want my life? Not a chance, everyday is Saturday now, but I would like YOUR location for detecting. Mass.

Didn't catch your location but our story's are very similar. Maybe we can get together for a hunt if close enough.

Congrats

Doc Arey