Thread: First Time Out With My New Deus

First Time Out With My New Deus

Having seen some impressive results and getting information from my friend ToddCtTodd Yerks I decided to get the Deus with 11" Coil, remote and WS5 headphones. Using a program from Todd we went to a couple of fields that have given us many Large Cents, Indians and CW relics in the past but lately not much at all. I was hoping the Deus could find those items still hidden in the iron. First field I did not find much a .22 casing, a trashed cuff button and what later at home I realized was a CW era J-Hook minus the button end. We then moved to another field that too has given us much in the past....this field is even more of an iron bed than the first. I was getting a little more comfortable with the Deus and even ventured to make some adjustments...lol! The results were a somewhat choppy 57 to 61 tone and my target turned out to be a very crusty Indian Head. I did not look at it too closely as our time was getting short. At home looking at it I suspected it was a fatty and it was an 1863! So the adventure begins, and I will continue to learn from the many posters here, thanks too to Gary Blackwell for his videos and to the Calabash Digger for his posts, videos and personal messages of help.

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;">https://youtu.be/jWNdQU96ye0
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Congrats on the new machine and the newest finds! I've never heard of a J hook, but I've found a couple pieces that looked just like that.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Wish you success with the deus. I'm still mulling over that machine.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Congrats on the new machine. It's nice to see that our members can be helpful getting you up to speed with it.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

congrats on the finds and new machine! I will say this spend some time with the deus and you will find out pretty quick aint no other machine on the market that can beat it for relics. let me know if I can help you.
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Nice work! You will like the Deus.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."