Thread: Sutlers token

Sutlers token

My brother has a sutlers token from the civil war that he needs some help with. It is a 5 cent one from the 1st Virginia Cavalry. It has the sutlers name across the top but he can only make out three letters and they are Jno. There is a spread wing eagle on one side and the information posted above is on the other side. It is about the size of a dime. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures available at this time. He found the token around Gettysburg many years ago. He now lives in Kentucky but has no access to a computer or any other way to send me a picture.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

You may be able to get some information from the link below. Your brother's token may be one of the first two tokens listed on this page: http://www.sutlertoken.com/virginia.html

Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    My brother has a sutlers token from the civil war that he needs some help with. It is a 5 cent one from the 1st Virginia Cavalry. It has the sutlers name across the top but he can only make out three letters and they are Jno. There is a spread wing eagle on one side and the information posted above is on the other side. It is about the size of a dime. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures available at this time. He found the token around Gettysburg many years ago. He now lives in Kentucky but has no access to a computer or any other way to send me a picture.
    XP Deus

Thanks. I will pass the info onto him. If I can get a picture of it I will send it to this guy. Looks like it could be worth a little money!
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!