Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention ÇÇ...

Attention ÇÇ...

Didn't want to interfere with your string, so I figured I show you here.
    You can never go wrong with a fairground to swing in. I've smiled, hooted, and danced a LOT at this spot.
    Snowy & I have been hittin' this fairground for 3 years now, and it's been out of commission for many, many years (it's privately owned, now, and yes, we do have permission).
    Wanted to share a pic to show you what an old fairground will give ya (well, if it's old enough).
    This is from '07 and '09 (with 2 coins from '08)... and this is only what I, myself, have found... with a factory pre-set Coins program... with no tweaking:

Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Attention ÇÇ...

Now that's quite impressive.. Nice collection from that site..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

very sweet finds Joe , i had only a short taste of a park like . now its gone but i found some nice stuff . i hope you both have continued success there for a long time .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I'm sure we will, Dan... as soon as they get off their butts and get the stumpin' equipment runnin' again. Lazy, poopheads! Don't they know we gotta save that silver... at all costs?
    This summer pretty well sucked (although we did manage to get around the stumpage).
    Hope they do some rooting around next year. That's what's gettin' the stuff up to the surface.
    They didn't do anything this year. It was all luck (already have the location. lol).
    Freaky, to be walking along, and spot a Barber quarter on the surface after a nice rainfall, ya know?
    When he finally gets it the way he wants it (farmfields) it'll be off limits, so I'd say we've been very lucky, to-date.

Those are some super find's.....CONGRATS !!! thumbsup01
    Diggin' the past, teaching my Son's for the future........ www.EFTHA.com

Excellent finds Joe! thumbsup01 Imagine what else can be pulled from that site with the machine much more finely tuned.

Really, Angel... but I think the best thing that can happen to me is for someone to do the Clockwerk Orange thing to me... i.e.: prop my eyes open with lid braces, and make me watch a DFX master do his thing, and show me all the how's, when's, where's, & why's.
    My patience, unfortunately, are about >< long when it comes to reading instructions, and/or memorizin' anything I'm told that's for my own good. crying01
    I think I blame the Army for that. lol
    ...but I hear ya... I really do! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Really, Angel... but I think the best thing that can happen to me to me is for someone to do the Clockwerk Orange thing to me... i.e.: prop my eyes open with lid braces, and make me watch a DFX master do his thing, and show me all the how's, when's, where's, & why's.
    My patience, unfortunately, are about >< long when it comes to reading instructions, and/or memorizin' anything I'm told that's for my own good. crying01
    I think I blame the Army for that. lol
    ...but I hear ya... I really do! thumbsup01
    lol lol

Wow, that's impressive. I think you just convinced me to quit being lazy. I know where our OLD county fairgrounds is. It's private land, that's been up for sale for a bit. Has some cattle on it right now, but the trees that lined the drive are still there. There are so many old parks, homes, lots, etc that I haven't put a lot of effort into getting into there.

I may just have to go track down the owner.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Wow, that's impressive. I think you just convinced me to quit being lazy. I know where our OLD county fairgrounds is. It's private land, that's been up for sale for a bit. Has some cattle on it right now, but the trees that lined the drive are still there.

I may just have to go track down the owner.
    Wow! That could be a goldmine! The worst you will get is a No. If it's for sale, now's the time. The seller won't really care, and the new buyer will probably have other plans when that time comes.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Joe, that is an incredible collection of finds from one site!

Do you think anyone else ever hit that place with a metal detector before?
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Don't mean to interject here and take over his answer, but I will because I've got more to add...

Yes... we've learned people have detected that area over the years, yet we're still pulling a ton of silver and some gold from there...

All the coins posted are just what he's found... My finds from that site aren't even posted, let alone whatever else has been pulled...

Jason... ask the owner... the worst you can get is a no...
    And as fearful as I am of taking my own advice, I'm going to do the same because I know of ANOTHER old fairgrounds area that is currently owned by a business. I recently got the name of a guy who works for that company... his family started that business way back, and now he works for the business currently owning it.
    AND... he's part of the management. So, if I can get permission for this new area, we might have another sweet spot on our hands. It has been utilized as a log yard for many years, so we might not even find anything there... Time will tell... I've got to obtain permission, first.

That is incredible! I really wish the fairgrounds for our county wasn't under a shopping mall now! I am sure it would have produced similar finds.

Awesome finds Joe! I have a snowball's chance of a site like that around here.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDigger View Post
    Awesome finds Joe! I have a snowball's chance of a site like that around here.
    Okie, if I can get permission for my site, you can come hunt with me.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

All I can say WOW!

G.
    MXT, Explorer SE Pro

holy smokes thats a lot of goods! thumbsup01
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Wow!! You have a very impressive collection. All of those from one site! Sweet. Like Dale mentioned, You wouldn't have a snowballs chance of finding a site that good around here. Not to mention, People around these parts just didn't have the income that Folks back East had during those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Do you think anyone else ever hit that place with a metal detector before?
    I'm sure of it, Ang... but now, the ground's gettin' moved around (well, it has been. I jus' hope it will again next year. :-\).

Hey Krom & Snowy, Great Finds.. our fairgrounds do get other MD'ers but I got a feeling they are hunting an entirely different area, such as the vendors area or Midway area..
    Aaron and I have found several silver in just the 2 short hunts there so I suspect there will be plenty more .. hope we find some seated dimes or barber quarters, or better yet some halves or dollars.. Thanks for the inspiring post

Scott
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro