Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Illinois boys are coming to Connecticut...it's a midwest invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Same here. Be in Wethersfield Saturday afternoon sometime. Sunday being the first full day.

Good news about the snow situation!
    3 days out. What's left on the ground now? Maybe just a few inches here and there?
    That's a relative thing, Tim. As of Sunday, there were a few inches here and there down near the shore. Mostly melted there. Up near the MA border, there is 3-4" still left as of last night, but there were bare spots here and there as well as s few drifts up near 5 or 6". Don't get me started on the snow banks that are still there. Mine may take longer cuz for some reason the plow drivers like to chew up my side of the street.. and we know the dirt will act as an insulator on top of the snow. By the weekend I believe I will be out. Ugh.. I do think there is crap scheduled on the 25th too. Hope it's a little later so I can do something in the morning and focus on full day Sunday.

Gentlemen , I will have anti tick spray with me but I would advise pre spraying your clothes (pants , shirts , socks and even shoes ) if you already have some on hand . Not mixing your worn clothes with your clean clothes . I don't think the tiny nymph type ticks will be out but the regular or deer type ticks will dress accordingly , also there is a good chance we will have a few rain showers while your visiting so a good light raincoat or a few of them cheap plastic ponchos would go far.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Oh great!!! Ticks!!!! Crap I forgot about those parasitic little pieces of.... joy! I'm like a tic magnet! 😭 Anti-tic spray huh? Never hrard of that. Any brand you recommend? 😃

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ill Digger; 03-21-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Oh great!!! Ticks!!!! Crap I forgot about those parasitic little pieces of.... joy! I'm like s tic magnet!  Anti-tic spray huh? Never hrard of that. Any brand you recommend? 

Sawyer 's with permethrin , you only spray it on your clothes not your skin . this stuff will last through a couple of cycles in your wash . I've seen ticks purposely try to fall off clothes before it kills them .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Del, Can we buy that stuff once we get there? Is 2 cans enough for 4 guys to share? Thanks, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Del, Can we buy that stuff once we get there? Is 2 cans enough for 4 guys to share? Thanks, Dave.
    I usually get it from either Cabelas or Dick's sporting goods yes it can be bought out here Dave . Two cans should be enough for all you guys .

I drive right past a cabelas twice a day going to and from work. I'll stop today and see if they even have it out here. If they do I'll grab a couple of cans. Thanks Dan!

Good luck Del. Make sure my buddy Digger Don and his son Al come back with some colonial silver to make me jealous! Hope to join you there some day!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Gentlemen , I will have anti tick spray with me but I would advise pre spraying your clothes (pants , shirts , socks and even shoes ) if you already have some on hand . Not mixing your worn clothes with your clean clothes . I don't think the tiny nymph type ticks will be out but the regular or deer type ticks will dress accordingly , also there is a good chance we will have a few rain showers while your visiting so a good light raincoat or a few of them cheap plastic ponchos would go far.
    Dan
    Oh great!!! Ticks!!!! Crap I forgot about those parasitic little pieces of.... joy! I'm like a tic magnet!  Anti-tic spray huh? Never hrard of that. Any brand you recommend? 
    I haven't seen the coming weather past Sunday, as of yet. Sure I could look at my annoying weather app that has to put a temp in the phone banner every few hr that I have to clear out. Yesterday I did do some hiking, but as of yet, the hillier parts of the state had a bit of snow left. The valley areas where I am at are down now, but the 3-6" was still up in the hills. Well, there is a mountain nearby so idk if it qualifies as a hill area. lol.

Sure enough, tho, yesterday when I got home I had one of those smaller fuggers on me. On my hand, after like 3 hr being home nonetheless. WTH? And I wasn't even in any thick brush or anything. Barely touched any trees and gloves were on my hands. All the clothes that were with me came off when I got home.

I have a GC for Cabela's. Maybe I can grab some this season. Do you know if it messes with plastics? I unknowingly sprayed my head with the compressed OFF stuff. I think it was even a 'naturals' type and it turned the plastic of my headphones white.

I have a GC for Cabela's. Maybe I can grab some this season. Do you know if it messes with plastics? I unknowingly sprayed my head with the compressed OFF stuff. I think it was even a 'naturals' type and it turned the plastic of my headphones white.[/QUOTE]

and look what it did to your hair !!!!!!!!

Our Cabelas had it. I stopped after work and got two bottles. Hopefully that should do it.

Well as for schedules to work out with you guys

Lee has this first Sunday the following Wednesday free to detect
    Aloldstuff has Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday to work with
    I can pick up the other days in question Monday and Friday and any day Al can spend

I find that any time the temp reaches the high 30s there can be ticks....doesn't matter what time of year. I'm no scientist but that's what I've found being in the woods everyday.
    Also, I live in the north east hills and I can now see bare ground in spots....so I think most of the area will be huntable by Saturday.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

We are getting close....I will have next Tues-Wed=Thur off. I have spoken to one of the farmers and he is cool with having multiple diggers on his property. This field I have gotten Ct copper, 1/2 cent, IH's, newer silver, some great buttons. Lee got his silver dollar here and Trooper bri got his 1st colonial copper (counterfeit).

Tim, I am pretty sure that the field I took you to where you got the LC is also available and right down the street is another field(park) where KG, LC, seated, and the MA militia button came out of.

the field where all of the CT's have been found, I have not spoken with the farmer but I am sure he would not mind three of us there.

Call me if any of these sites seem worthy....413-454-3718

Al
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thats gteat Al! I'd love to hunt that field again! I'll give ya call later!

I can pick up the other days in question Monday and Friday and any day Al can spend
    Sounds like this is really going to come together. Thanks Guys!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Glad to see this Midwest invasion again. I'll be watching closely Sunday for a flurry of great finds. Sorry I couldn't make it myself, just not in the budget this year. But hopefully I can dig vicariously through your posts! Maybe have a chance late in the year, or plan for next year. GL to all!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Coming together alright. I'll be here digging rosies!!

Alec and I would love the chance to hunt a colonial field
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Last night is when my damn weather app finally updated to show enough. I can see until next Wed with a hint at Thurs. Granted as mine shows there is highest prob of rain on Mon yet when I come in to work today someone said something about sleet on Sunday. So yet again weathermen have no clue, just a guess. (I'd say ask Jay, but no one here is from ytc, but you get it Dan). Lee would be parks and schools and maybe fields. Al looks like he be providing colonial fields. Dan has cellars. Prob something like Wed-Fri I can take a day off work to be a host, now that I have an idea what everyone else is doing. I do have Sun off normally, but Lee can start out the week of the Midwest zombies. I'd prob be going for cellar holes.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.