Thread: 10 military buttons in one day and one is a confederate button! check it out!

10 military buttons in one day and one is a confederate button! check it out!

Me and my buddy found a site today that is unbelievable. I tagged 10 military buttons and one of them is the north Carolina state seal, he got 3 eagle a buttons himself so we got 13 all together man what a day. Best day detecting ive ever had period check out my bell its COOL. All the finds in the pics are mine.Will have the video up in a day or two thanks Name:  DSCN1622.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  124.7 KBName:  DSCN1625.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  138.7 KBName:  DSCN1626.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  129.9 KBName:  DSCN1628.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  127.4 KBName:  DSCN1629.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  143.9 KBName:  DSCN1630.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  92.7 KBName:  DSCN1631.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  132.1 KBName:  DSCN1632.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  117.3 KBName:  DSCN1633.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  132.2 KBName:  DSCN1635.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  116.8 KB
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Incredible day CD are all the artillery button 1-piece convex types ? And the large item next to the watch winder , whats the reverse look like ? on a great detecting day !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

they are all the one piece convex types. I know those are before the civil war but ive found a few in the context of confederate camps . This is a home site slash camp site will be going back to blister it to say the least lol.Name:  DSCN1636.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  46.9 KBName:  DSCN1637.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  61.7 KBName:  DSCN1638.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  50.6 KB
    Trust in the Lord...

Any ideas on that piece?
    Trust in the Lord...

Very interesting buttons! The eagles look slightly different than usual and I'm wondering if they were purchased commercially by a soldier vs. govt. issue? I think you have some awesome finds there my friend! HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Very good hunt! Those are some great buttons, and I agree that's a pretty ornate bell,
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Calabash.....I was wondering why you were quiet lately on the forums. You were too busy digging a boatload of excellent buttons and relics. That hunt rates a
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    they are all the one piece convex types. I know those are before the civil war but ive found a few in the context of confederate camps . This is a home site slash camp site will be going back to blister it to say the least lol.Name:  DSCN1636.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  46.9 KBName:  DSCN1637.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  61.7 KBName:  DSCN1638.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  50.6 KB
    There is no doubt that some older uniforms and buttons were reused on the confederate side , these buttons are from around 1821 to 1834 and you have some beautiful examples CD . The brass piece doesn't have the reverse I had previously thought but I'm pretty sure it is a piece of accoutrement just not sure to exactly what yet . Definitely hang onto it and show it around as someone will recognize it .

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Very interesting buttons! The eagles look slightly different than usual and I'm wondering if they were purchased commercially by a soldier vs. govt. issue? I think you have some awesome finds there my friend! HH, Dave.
    Dave many of these button types vary just a bit , especially ones from the south and smaller manufacturers but they are Government issued types or for local militias .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I have found the same styles from 10 miles away from that site to about 20 miles at another site in my area. I will let you guys know what else comes from there going back monday . Found all those buttons in a 100 ft by 100 ft field so alot of woods to go through and gonna beat that field to death might be a real laying around there or early american silver , can you guys tell im already dreaming of what might be there lol.
    Trust in the Lord...

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Wow, killer hunt!! Were you using the Deus and the new V4.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

deus but I'm hanging back for awhile on version 4 till they get the bugs worked out. Its also prime time for me and don't want to learn the nuance of the new version right now when hunting is so good. I will do it later though.
    Trust in the Lord...