Thread: Found another cellar hole! Oddest find and silver....

Found another cellar hole! Oddest find and silver....

Hi all,
    Went to a site I've hunted a few times before. I know from old maps and a 1937 aerial there was a farm at the site, but thought it had been bulldozed. I was wrong! Apparently I walked within feet of the holes and never saw them due to the thick growth. Now the leaves are gone it's easier to see a lot more.

Name:  20170404_174624.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  144.6 KB

Name:  20170404_174642.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  20170404_175711.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  120.8 KB

Name:  20170404_183024.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  146.4 KB

Turns out its a heck of a tough place to hunt. Lots of old pottery pieces and stoneware strewn around the site. Here's a few I picked up.

Name:  20170404_201121.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  42.7 KB

So loaded with iron and trash I had to turn down the sensitivity on the CTX, run in fast recovery and in high trash mode on an open screen to try picking out any good signals out of the iron. Apparently this helps a lot even though it's tough on the ears. Found a few odd items this way.

Name:  20170404_201238.jpg
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  20170404_202031.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  44.6 KB

Here's one of the oddest finds I've ever had a full beer, still foamy in the bottle too!

Name:  20170404_203622.jpg
Size:  19.8 KB

Here's the keeper of the day. Thought it was foil at first as its paper thin, and was folded in half when I dug it. I was going to trash it until i looked closer and saw what looked like a design on it. This piece also rang up at around 12-16, so had no idea it was silver until I cleaned it and found it stamped sterling! Not sure what it is, but guessing it must have been attached to furniture or something.

Name:  20170404_201528.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  51.7 KB

Any ideas, love to hear back. Size is about an inch long.
    Thanks for reading!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Good luck on that new cellar. Interesting it has all that pottery on the surface. There was only one that I knew of that had so much surface trash, but it was all barrel rings.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.

Nice spot and finds, no clue though on the silver

You need to crack open that brew and see how it has aged

Interesting silver thingy. I'm thinking maybe from a jewelry or music box ??
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

the pictures are great Chris , now that you confirmed the location of the home site you can now accurately search around the yard and direct lines to the other buildings or we'll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    the pictures are great Chris , now that you confirmed the location of the home site you can now accurately search around the yard and direct lines to the other buildings or we'll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    It seems the site has been pounded. Trying to work around the foundations is the worst, it's just infested with iron, old beer cans, flashing, and every other kind of trash not to mention the growth is simply thick in most places it's very difficult to swing. Guessing I may have to work through toughest areas very carefully with the small 6 inch coil. I'm sure any easy stuff is long gone.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I bet you have some swinging room outside the building iron. Those areas can be super productive. If that house was there in 1937 then you're going to fight lots of trash. I remember finding a whole six pack once.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew