Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
Wow Jim, you've been busy! Looks like you had a lot of great finds here. That copper spill must be quite rare, never heard of one since I've been here. Also love that park tag. Hope you dig up the background on it, coil be very interesting.
Doesn't seem anyone else has been getting out much. I've been getting rained on almost daily the last 2 months, except for a few really nice days I had to work. Hope your luck and hard work continue to pay off!
Thanks, Chris. Def been busy... and I got scolded by the gf for it. Prob the spills were a tad more common back in the days when some of these cellar holes have been hit, but now they are quite rare. Danny had one like 3+ years ago. I thought his was only 5, but he had exactly 6 like me. I wonder if it has something to do with carrying around the equivalent of a half real. Can't say they were any less easy to lose being bigger , but better for me (us) I guess. Idk, there has been a bit posted on the bookface groups, but those are also across the country with many more members. We did have a stint with some rain and it has been a deferred Spring rain this year up in NE. Good luck to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
Busy, busy, busy. And well worth it for sure. Terrific bunch of stuff.
Joe Dirte. Lol. Nothing beats having the effort pay off. We all get skunkings from time to time, but it makes the times when we finally get lucky, all the better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BTV Digger View Post
Really nice assortment of finds Jim and congrats on the nice copper spill! BTW, what's the item in the 5th pic down from the top?

John
Thanks, John. Def a multitude of finds. None off-the-wall (which is more like what I get... ) I did kinda name it up above, but here's a pic. Its a gag chain, and just the loop/link which I had found before and the piece most people find, is the gag runner.

Name:  FB_IMG_1494211790989.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  55.3 KB
Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Awesome!! Renewing my faith that it's not too late for me to get colonial coppers too!!
Thanks, Noah. They are out there, but not always the easiest to find. I have upwards of 30 (28 1/2?) but I have buddies that have maybe 2-4, yet the same buddies would have something like 3x 1/2R when I can't even find one. Just gotta find the places that haven't been hit hard, or use the small coil at places that have. Maybe you'll come up with some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
Awesome finds! So many old coins and relics!
Thanks, Buck. Many relics is true.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
I started reading this on Monday, replying Tuesday...... Dang Jim...some serious amount of hunting time with some very nice finds....
Oh, C'mon Al. It wasn't that bad. The OP was long, but nothing compared to one post where I have gone into immense details. Sanks, Al. If I did this every day, I'd need a 5k Cal diet. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
Some nice hunts Jim! Great copper spill ! You don't see those complete gags hardly at all. Last time out for me ( a few weeks back) I also crossed paths with a racer. It was a big one too. Close to 5 feet. I heard it first. It was whipping its tail against the dried leaves sounding like a rattlesnake.
Thanks, Jeff. Well, as I had stated above.. the split in the loops is why they break often. This was right up near a tree, too. Overlooked spot. I don't see that many racers. Only two in my travels. But and ridonkulous amount of garters out. I wonder if they use that as a scare tactic. Some other species of things mimic poisonous or dangerous things for survival. This one heard me too. I was able to get closer to the garters than the racer. He was like 15ft away before he took off. I swear I am not that loud in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE54 View Post
I read "War and Peace" in less time than this post lol! That copper spill is crazy and nice finds all the way thru. Let me know if you want some company since I can trek thru woods again with the bionic hip!
Mike, It's all pictures. Suck it up! Thanks, tho. I've been having the streak. There was a 1/2R I didn't get close to during these hunts. I scored the DB, but didn't go to the area with a half cent. So I didn't get everything..
Yes, but don't worry, I don't think this spot with the 1826/1888 has much more to give so not sure I'll make that 2.5mi trek in. (It took me 1/2hr hike at 5 or so mph...up hill). There is one that I'd like to get to that is easier on the way in than it is on the way out. This was reverse. Lol. Don't worry. I have other spots. I can be responsible from my own death from hiking, but not others.