Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1790 house relics

Re: 1790 house relics

great pictures Tana , the relics are interesting ones . the button in the lower left corner looks like a tombac and their old ones (late 1700's) and a very good sign for colonial finds .congrats
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

HOLY SMOKES TANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <: <: <: You did VERY well Love looking at those old relics. That matchbox is pretty cool. Clean it up and it looks like it could be worth a few bucks! http://www.michianaantiquemall.com/fair.htm Big congrats to you

You've been digging lots of holes! Giving the digger a workout I see
    Having fun is what it is all about!

very cool finds at that homestead! sounds like the large buttons Kevin dug with designs are dandy or cloak buttons.i hope ya dig a few of those too! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

That site screams old lol If Hanyman has some cloakers and along with your tombac, that property dates back to the 1790's or so. Congrats on some fine items. That suspender buckle probably has the manufacturers initials and model number on it. Sometimes they date them. Nice hunt

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post

I've been giving items to the home owners as a form of 'payment'. I figure if it's not extra special and going in a collection box, why have the stuff piling up here and there in the garage, counters, etc and having to defend them from the spouse wanting to toss them lol (you all can relate?) Give it to the person who might cherish the stuff a bit more, the stuff you don't really want to keep, but hard to toss.
    Give him some home baked cookies. That will work lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    That site screams old lol If Hanyman has some cloakers and along with your tombac, that property dates back to the 1790's or so. Congrats on some fine items. That suspender buckle probably has the manufacturers initials and model number on it. Sometimes they date them. Nice hunt

Give him some home baked cookies. That will work lol
    lol actually it's a woman and she is REALLY into the history of her family and the grounds. Her family dates back several generations. I gave her what was most likely her great-grandmother's compact. I found it below the dinner bell, it dates back to early 1900's (Richard Hudnut- Three Flowers rouge) She said her ggma was notorious for using on her cheeks. She was so shocked and happy I gave it to her!
    I gave her an old key I found yesterday, probably belonged to her grandfather's tool box, we surmised... okay some new pics of this place coming up!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Some really cool relics Tana!!!

Tell Kevin he needs to get back here and start posting again!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Some really cool relics Tana!!!

Tell Kevin he needs to get back here and start posting again!
    What are you doing Saturday afternoon? I sure hope it rains before then...

Kevin has been working 80+ work weeks lately like you were (hopefully WERE & not anymore?!?)

I hunted there some on Tuesday and all I found was a piece of lantern, button and that key I mentioned earlier. Besides a bit of clad for the collection But it was nice just being out in the country... I have to admit I've been sticking to the shady areas.

Okay so here's some latest pics! I got a little carried away, but I love old farming equipment and cemeteries. Kevin found the cemetery way back in the side yard & I just have to mention that we did not disrespect the bodies or the family by MDing in that area thumbsup01

Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Awesome relics! love those old keys and ornate artifacts.
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Quote Originally Posted by sjv View Post
    Awesome relics! love those old keys and ornate artifacts.
    Thanks! I'm glad to share with others enthusiastic about this place! The owners are so nice, giving more and more history of the place, telling me new places to go on the farm, where there used to be a log cabin...

I think I'll do some grave rubbings next time I go- really curious what that big one says.
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC