Thread: Morning Beach Hunt & Recovered Ring

Morning Beach Hunt & Recovered Ring

Been awhile since we posted, having a difficult year, but we are always out swinging every week. Always exciting to be neck deep out in the warm Florida waters, waiting for the thrill of ear piercing signal. On Tuesday I hit one of my favorite beaches, Siesta Key. Got there before sunrise and shortly after noticed a couple in shorts walking towards the water with a detectirist. Kinda figure what was going on, but still went up and asked. The young lady visiting from Germany had lost a family ring handed down to her by her mother, the day before. I asked if they minded if I helped out and they were thankful for the offer. Since they had already found some one to help, I kept my distance and went out deeper than where she had figured she lost it. About 20 min later, my favorite tune was playing, and in the bottom of my scoop covered in sea shells was her silver ring. Thanks and reward offerings were filling the air, but as I retreated back to the water, I said I was just happy we could find your ring and not have your vacation ruined. They were actually heading back over seas the next day.
    Always feels good to help some one out like this, espically when it means more to some body besides a dollar value.
    Continuing detecting a few more hours, I was rewarded with another nice ring. My dear wife always preached Karma, and she was looking down on me once again. Happy hunting all.

Name:  Bucknut.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  109.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by buck57; 06-29-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Just one more Beep!

Sorry for the sideways first pic. Don't know how to straighten it.
    Just one more Beep!

I straightened the photo for you.

Good job on finding and returning that lost ring! It seems like it would be difficult in the ocean, as it would be easy to misjudge where it was lost. Kudos to you!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Very nice post and kudos for finding that ring.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hey, thanks Tony. Been down here almost 3 years now and still trying to figure out this salt water. But it's always relaxing and enjoyable. Normally see dolphins, and sting rays, and this past Monday, had a manatee with in arms reach of me. Pretty cool. Good hunting to ya.
    Just one more Beep!

Great return on that ring! Always great to see shiny stuff in the scoop, and even better when it can be returned to the owner. Lots of other good stuff too! Bet the water is nice down in Fla. My water hunts half the year mean looking for openings in the ice. The other half year isn't usially much better unless in small lakes or ponds.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Thanks Al and Digger. Hunting the Gulf waters is easier than the Atlantic side, normally because of the waves, but it's not calm out there all the time. It's a chore to keep your footing at times, but atleast the water is warm. Good hunting guys.
    Just one more Beep!