Thread: more cellar hole finds

Threaded View

more cellar hole finds

ha ha ha ha .....look at me posting cellar hole finds....who would of thought it ?.
    so on Tuesday me and Tim went to a place he has been detecting for about 2 months now which he explained was old farm land, so there i was expecting a field... oh no,it was actually what he said but now the farm land had been taken over by Forest.
    he explained to me there was a number of walls and a few cellar holes on the land and in his very short time detecting had found like 10 coppers there.
    my first find was an old button followed by modern bullets...yuk ! so after 20 mins we decided to jump over one of the walls and hunt the other side,Tim was using my F4 as his AT PRO was being mended.
    after 20 mins or so i hear tim shout "don't know what this is but its cool" he came running over and opened his hand to reveal a powder flask with the spout,screw top,finger lever and later we found out the gun powder to !,what a find ! i was more excited that he was..lol.
    after another 30 mins i get a good 73 signal on the AT pro which i think resulted in my first liberty cap large cent (pic is blurry sorry).
    after another hour or so we stumble on another cellar hole he had missed on his previous hunts and that's when it happened,i get a good but choppy signal ringing up at 76 i dig down what must be 10 inches only to find the coin was in the side of the hole at about an inch, it turned out to be my second half dime but this one was a very early one dated 1843 and omg...the condition looks like it was dropped yesterday apart from a nasty bend which i managed to straighten.
    here is some pictures from a great hunt.
    Attached Images Attached Images