Thread: Airplane Interference?

Airplane Interference?

A few years ago I was hunting with Mangoave Jim and he hexed my machine! (Jim-this was the day of the psychotic lady) For some weeks afterward I'd get this intermittent interference. It would sound like an engine running for a minute then abruptly stop for five or ten minutes. After a few weeks everything went back to normal...until last week...as I was pulling some nice coins I had to wait every five minutes or so for the engine running. Thankfully it seems to start around 7am...near the end of my hunts Could this be a planes and their flight paths change? It's not my cell phone. I know what that sounds like Thanks!
    PS I'm an hour from Logan and a bit more from Westover Air force Base.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

My DFX gets interference from planes all the time Drew , its possible
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking! It only lasts a second or two. It sounds like police or fire department chatter.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking!
    That's your conscious saying instead of going out detecting, you should be home cutting your grass.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    That's your conscious saying instead of going out detecting, you should be home cutting your grass.
    LOL That sounds like my mind saying I should be out detecting while I'm cutting the grass!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    A few years ago I was hunting with Mangoave Jim and he hexed my machine!
    Drew the solution is obvious. You need to your local fortune teller and have her put a reverse hex on Jim.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Good thing it's not the wife coming thru saying it's time to come home, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Sometimes the threshold on my e-trac goes quiet and I can hear someone speaking! It only lasts a second or two. It sounds like police or fire department chatter.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    LOL That sounds like my mind saying I should be out detecting while I'm cutting the grass!
    Drew the solution is obvious. You need to your local fortune teller and have her put a reverse hex on Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    Good thing it's not the wife coming thru saying it's time to come home, LOL!
    your all comedians
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    your all comedians
    I know, it's like open mic night lol
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Are there any crop circles in your area? If so then.......
    Deus Autem Lutum

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / EQ 800

The real treasure is in the marketing

On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Sure, Drew. Can't blame it on Lou as we haven't seen him since. But, we can blame that woman who knew your name. It was all cuz we were on "her" property. Lol.
    I can def see interference on the TV when a plane flies overhead. These are now digital signals yet they are still subject to interference by planes. The avionics stuff isn't even in the TV broadcast band. You do have to realize that your coil is effectively an antenna.
    Weird that it's only a minute and would sound like an engine. It took a while to find the ranges of RPM on a jet, cuz I thought they differed than a car. Kinda. The main fan is 4-5k, the spool 12-15k, and the burner spool around 20k. Most planes have the turbofan style. I am surprised you forgot about the smaller ones out near you. There is one right out in Windham where the small planes go.

Mine does sometimes flake out, but it IS from the cell phone. The coil will be still and there no nearby targets. I take out the cell and do something like pull up a website or check my GPS and all the sudden I'm seeing the target indicator bounce and a few ferrous grunts happen. I've had it where all the sudden the machine sounds off and then bam: there is something like a BookFace notification or an incoming message. Sometimes when it flakes out the most, it is directional. My guess is that the coil is between the phone and antenna. And maybe the antenna is at a lower elevation than I am at.

And Jeff, I think he did that a while ago. That's why I been feeling like this for a month.
    Future goals: Capped bust coin, Flowing hair LC, Classic head LC, VT copper, MA copper, Pistareen, Two-cent pc, SLQ, GW inaugural button, Excelsior button, Civil war token, and a gold ring.