Hi all,
While perusing over some old aerial photos I noticed a small detail. In an area that had Bern heavily developed and filled in the 50s, I saw one sliver of park along some structure remaining from the late 1800s. Well, who knows I thought and went out there after work this morning in hopes of maybe some wheats or a rosie..

I wasnt there more than a couple swings and hit a deep iffy 12-36. At about 8 inches popped a 1918 wheatie! Great start so far. Only about a foot away and from about as deep out pops a 1919 wheat. Hmmm, start of a trend maybe? Making another pass on the way back, a few feet from the first 2 holes I get a really iffy 12-41.

I almost passed it up thinking it was probably another nail. But I dig it anyway, and so glad I did. At the bottom of the hole I see the glisten of silver. Pick it up and the the one dime inside the wreath. Flip it over and find it's a 1914 barber!

Next I pick up a 1912, 1918 and 1922 wheat along with a 1920 and 1940 Merc. Sweet! Next was an old looking pendant among some tree roots that was a pain to find. Then more later wheats for a total of 8. But the best was near the end of the hunt. My first ever bar token good for 5 cents! It's from John Kaufert & A. Moede. Cant believe how clean and beautiful it came out of the ground! That in itself made my day.

Thanks for reading, GL&HH!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk