Thread: Detecting With Digger Don and Tim IllDigger--Killer Finds!

Threaded View

Detecting With Digger Don and Tim IllDigger--Killer Finds!

Hey Diggers,
    Started the day with light rain and 39 degrees. I met Don at an old Courthouse he suggested. I wasn't there 3 minutes and got a scratchy 12-45 signal at 8 inches. I thought it might be a silver dime. What a surprise! 1873 Seated Quarter!!! Tim joined us a little bit later and we hunted there until 11:30. It was slim pickings and the only other good keepers I got was one mercury dime (1944) and 2 wheat cents (1909 & 1945).

We decided to go looking for a an old farm and instead found a little park (more like an empty field with a water pump in the middle). Tim figured out it was a park since he noticed it was on Park Street! All I found there was an old silver plated compact.

After an hour we decided to go door knocking in a nearby town. As luck would have it we got a yes on the very first knock. The house was Victorian and sat on a decent size corner lot. The lady mentioned they owned the cornfield across the street and there had been an old house there also. So while Don and Tim started working the yard I went across the street and started popping coins like crazy! I love detecting cornfields because most of the coins are right on the surface or only an inch or two deep. I found 2 really cool tokens and some silver and a gold ring. Later, under closer examination my 14K gold ring turned out to be only 14K gold filled.

I was very happy to get TWO bucket list items today. A seated quarter and a cigar token!

We finished the day with pizza and subs at a local eatery. Here is some pics. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger