Hello Diggers,

A few of you already know this but I wanted to let everyone on the forum know too. In February I will be moving to Germany. I have accepted a job there that is for 3 years (up to 5 years if I desire). Stacy and the girls will be joining me in June when the current school year ends. This is very exciting for us as you can imagine. It's also a bit scary to pack up your entire life and move to another country.

The good news is the region of Germany I will be living in has no rules against metal detecting. It also has a lot of Celtic and Roman ruins/settlement sites where I will be living. I was in Germany 2 weeks ago on a business trip and met a German metal detectorist named Jorn who sells old coins. I was showing him pics from my phone and he was showing me pics from his phone. I told him about my YouTube channel and invited him to watch my videos.

Three days after I returned home I got a message from an American named Tom living over there who is a detecting buddy of Jorn. Jorn mentioned me to him and when he heard "Daddy Digger" he knew exactly who I was. Turns out Tom watches my videos! LOL. Anyway, he has invited me to go detecting with him when I arrive. Here's what he had to say in an email to me:

"I am looking forward to going detecting with you. It’s like candy-land over here and with so many different ages of habitation, you never know what to expect. This year has been fantastic....lots of silver, 20 Roman coins, a Roman key, 2 battle axes, a couple hundred buttons, buckles, lots of bronze rings, WWI and WWII military items and a couple of top shelf items that I will show you when you arrive."

WOW, I am so excited! So, if anyone from the forum can make it to Germany in the next 3 years, you would be welcome to stay with me and go detecting too!