Thread: Wilmington, NC Area?

Wilmington, NC Area?

Hi My Fellow TH'ers

Happy 2018 to you all. Looking for a local or is it LOCO Fellow TH'er to join for a day of digging. I do not mind driving a hundred miles or so but would rather keep closer than that. I can share a couple of local sites that have turned up some silver and older coins. Let me know if you are interested. Looking forward to some warmer weather but it now looks like it will be another week or so. Stay warm and safe if you are able to get out to dig! I await a reply and hope for a positive reply! ;-)
    Dave
    Dave
    'Digger-Dave'
    THing4CSA
    PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

Oldest US Copper coin: 1798 Large Cent
    Oldest US Silver Coin: 1835 Bust Half Dime
    Oldest US Gold Coin: 1854 One Dollar, Type I
    Oldest Coin: Dateless Roman copper about the size of a US Half Dollar
    Best Relic find: US Civil War Belt Buckles (2)

Hi Dave! I hope you find some partners...and some treasures!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Hey OxShoeDrew, I have moved back to Virginia in 2019 and the detecting could not be much better. The 'Friendly South' must have turned into a myth as the few invites I received while in Wilmington, NC did not turn out to be anything. I ended up spending most of my time door knocking on the doors of Yankee transplants and most said NO! is no uncertain fashion. I spent a lot of time just searching the beaches and only finding modern coins, fishing gear, and washed ashore iron. I also did find my share of glass bottles both whole and broken. I cleared a lot of beach of nails, glass, and melted aluminum from beach fires. After Hurricane Florence came ashore 10 miles to the north of our home my wife got PTSD. Thus our move back to Virginia. We also wanted to be closer to our children who we get to see almost every weekend if they are available to visit. I now am searching with one of my old and best friend Wayne. Even though he is not able to get out in the heat we do manage to get out from time to time. The finds have been great since we returned. My best finds include a 1773 Virginia Half Penny, 1795 US Large Cent, several other Large cents 1822, 1854, a 1881 three cent, a 1803 and 1805 Half cent, 1864 and 1866 Indian Head cent, lots of bullets, buttons, and other Civil War relics. I am hoping that the crops will be harvested soon so we can get back into a few of the fields that have given up so many great items! If the winter gets too tough come visit and we can hit a few sites near here! ;-)
    Dave
    'Digger-Dave'
    THing4CSA
    PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

Oldest US Copper coin: 1798 Large Cent
    Oldest US Silver Coin: 1835 Bust Half Dime
    Oldest US Gold Coin: 1854 One Dollar, Type I
    Oldest Coin: Dateless Roman copper about the size of a US Half Dollar
    Best Relic find: US Civil War Belt Buckles (2)

It sounds like you have some wonderful detecting spots there in Virginia, Dave! It is next to impossible for us to find coins or relics from the 1700s here in Illinois. It's possible, but very rare.

I hope the move has helped your wife as well. I'm sure it's nice being closer to your children.

Best of luck on your future hunts and be sure to tell us about the goodies you find!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I go down to the Winston - Salem NC area a couple times a year . its a beautiful area rich in history , maybe i'll give you a shout out the next time and meet up for a hunt .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album