Thread: Sunray pinpointer ...........

Sunray pinpointer ...........

I've watched a few videos were people are jiggling their probes in a hole like their trying to shake the last drop out of it , what's with this ? Does it make for a more accurate pinpoint ? I used to use the X-1 and I never had to go through all those tremors to locate a target . Seems like it would cause undue stress on the cable also . The first time I ever saw an example of this was a few years back in videos by another Californian named Captain SE now it seems he may have spawned a cult following of probe shakers . Just curious to see how many movers and shakers
    we have here .

Re: Sunray pinpointer ...........

Movers and Shakers rofl

I don't know why anyone would do that. I'll admit that after recovering my target I stick the probe back in the hole and kinda (slowly) move it around to listen for a second target.

Sunray's are pretty tough. I have one on my MXT that looks like something recovered from a flea market, but like a Timex...It keeps on ticking.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

For me, if the target is a solid one (like a coin) and is in range, I just slowly move around the probe. But if I have some ratty iron or a good target that is just out of range, it helps to move the probe around a bit faster. You can get some chirps that tell you where the target is. Most of the time, I try and dig my hole so that I am within 1 or 2 inches of the target, that way I can move the probe slow. It would help if the Minelab gauge actually worked on my machine lol Stuck on the bottom or top doesn't really help me much
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    For me, if the target is a solid one (like a coin) and is in range, I just slowly move around the probe. But if I have some ratty iron or a good target that is just out of range, it helps to move the probe around a bit faster. You can get some chirps that tell you where the target is. Most of the time, I try and dig my hole so that I am within 1 or 2 inches of the target, that way I can move the probe slow. It would help if the Minelab gauge actually worked on my machine lol Stuck on the bottom or top doesn't really help me much
    don't let him fool you Sheik , George looks like a jones-en crack addict churning butter in some of those holes lol rofl
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    don't let him fool you Sheik , George looks like a jones-en crack addict churning butter in some of those holes lol rofl
    Umm...Ummm I believe the copper totals allow me to do that probe any way I see fit rofl

I know the Sunray DX-1 can be run in 2 different modes. All Metal/Pin-Point mode or in discrimination mode. If used in the later a little movement would be required to help the detector elicit a better response.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

rofl

Man, you guys are killing me! I confess, I get rather into using the probe, although it's just a lowly Bullseye II.... yesterday the probe fairy came by and gave me a Pro Pointer.... no more churning butter...

Regards, Ken
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

I think that some people just don't know how to use a Sun-Ray probe properly.

I have seen some of those videos and that aspect irks me a bit. YES ITS THERE! Stop shaking that probe at it for 5 minutes and dig already. Maybe I have patience issues.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

by the time I get done it around my neck
    TDI Pro MXT Pro Mxt V3i 4x6 6x10 9 1/2 10" 12 super 9x14 12"DF 7.5 DF dx-1 garrett pro pointer

I guess it's kinda addictive lol You get to see the numbers on the screen, so when they are silver numbers, you have to keep looking at them I find myself waving that thing everytime the display says 12-46, just so I can see it again and again rofl