Hi all. Well, the itch finally got to me last weekend, and with only patches of snow on the ground (we largely missed the big storm last week) my hunting friend Joe from Green Mountain Diggers and I decided to hit a few permissions I recently got. We braved the 35 degree temperatures and winds long enough to pull a few relics and coins. Well Joe mainly found the coins (3 LCs, sorry - no pics) as I got skunked in that category. Anyways, I did manage several buttons including a nice mid to late 1800s two piece hunting button with two pheasants on the front. Also nabbed a few buttons and yet another small crotal bell. After work today I headed back out for just a 1 1/2 hour hunt before sunset as this time we're on track to receive a foot of snow tomorrow night and Thursday. Ugh. Managed to pull a few more buttons from the muck and a really nice looking 1846 largie (small date variety). Also dug what I'm calling a colonial mouth guard (heap of lead). All the LCs came from my virgin site I first posted about last December. This makes 9 coppers from an area no larger than 30X30 yards. Can't wait to get back there once our future snow melts and the muck dries out a bit. The wife was aghast at the muck on my windbreaker and jeans when I returned earlier this evening! HH everyone!

John

Name:  Wideshot.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  29.9 KBName:  LC obverse.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  38.5 KBName:  LC reverse.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  31.6 KBName:  Hunting button.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  34.2 KBName:  Buttons.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  36.8 KBName:  Crotal bell.jpg