I don't know if any of you go outside of this forum to get your fix and read of metal detecting finds or just absorb more information about machines or the latest buzz going around the "detecting community" ( I hope many of you do for a lot of reasons ) ! Some are ok , a small few are pretty good on the many types of media outlets to supply your interests but there are some that are just profit driven (which is ok if you know ahead of time and choose to still do so ) .

I personally visit a few different sites to stay a head of the "latest news " but I really hate the larger traditional type forums for a lot of reasons . Usually to much drama , swelled ego's and common forum trolls that their administrative staff doesn't discipline or "boot" from the site . Believe me when I tell you we have had a few on this forum but they didn't last to long as we don't put up with it. I stick to a couple of the smaller forums because of the tight , close nit members that are always on a more honest and friendlier level and I do check in a couple of facebook group pages (which for the most part has really grown in popularity and I think it has hurt many older forums , ours included ) , they seem to get more and more refined about metal detecting niches or related topics and it is very easy to be following way to many groups to where its just information overload at times . Alas even these groups can get very "clicky" and the drama is just plain stupid at times , I've removed myself from many for this reason and regretfully even lost a detecting partner over it. My "Creed" has always been to try and help others if I can and a weakness to bullies ( I hate'em and I can be absolutely ruthless to them when defending someone from them) , needless to say this has gotten me in trouble in the past and even disliked by many in the hobby !

I just joined a new club tonight Awesome Relics New England Name:  29597556_10216005827722837_6738398981562145317_n.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  92.9 KBboth a facebook group and traditional type metal detecting club headquartered in Brooklyn Connecticut , its ran by a great bunch of people who remind me a lot of the good , honest and enthusiastic people on here , they represent some of the best in this hobby . Doug Bowden (president) and his staff do an outstanding job for their membership and sponsoring club hunts (their big "famous" one is the annual Penquin hunt ) they host every February , this past one was around 300 people from all over the country . A seeded hunt (that usually don't interest me) where all the planted finds are donated by others and raffles are participated by all who donate a $20 detecting related gift , no money is collected at all for entry . I thought it was novel idea Anyways I thought it was worth stating and as a new member now I will be continuing to mention the notables and good work about this group and encourage anyone who "facebooks" to check them out .

Dan