Thread: Couple zoo hunts + video

Couple zoo hunts + video

Hi all,
    Got out for a couple short hunts at the one zoo again and managed to pull a couple more silvers. I also got approached by one of the areas less than stable folks who kept asking if I was his angel. What the heck? At that point I thought it best to cut the hunt short and head out. It was more than a bit disturbing to say the least!
    I also finally got another video published on YouTube. I was having a lot of issues with lost photos and corrupt video. Had to restore the phone to factory and reload everything only to find out I have bad sectors on my memory card. Sorry, only have the Barber pic. Photos of my '37 Merc are still corrupting despite repeated attempts to photograph it.
    Here's the link to the video: <edit, video removed-not working>

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 04-13-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Chris , I've had run ins with those type of people and worse even funny now looking back but wasn't at the time . great looking barber !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan, that Barber really was unexpected. Really disappointed I also lost all the rest of my photos. Somehow I got the Merc into the video, but an hour later is was corrupted. Gave up on the rest of the pics.
    Yes, the best hunting areas are usually populated by the most unstable residents. But who knows, maybe swinging the big stick around the park makes us fit in better than we realize?
    Equipment:

Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime

Congrats on the barber!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice Barber. So do you need another memory card. Just checked out you vid and saw nothing????
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hey Mommy, every time DoD finds a barber dime, an angel gets his wings! LOL. Glad you were able to get out and save another old coin from the earth. Best wishes, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Nice barber ! I ran into one of those disturbed folks on the train ride to watch the Celtics play in Boston Wednesday night. She was having a heated argument with herself for 20 minutes like 3 feet away from me. I'm not sure but I think she lost the argument.

Tried to get a permission at a house where a school burned down in the late 1800's. Current home was built in 1902. Too many times got no answer until this week saw someone had painted the front door and surround on this awful shade of blue (rest of the house is a faded lime green. Yuck!) Anyways figured someone had to be there now so I stopped by. Woman looked at me suspiciously as I explained what I do, and told me it all sounded to strange and weird followed by a NO. Yes, the world is full of strange birds, LOL! But yours sounded even more strange! Nice find though.

Thanks for the comments! Bought a couple 256Gb micro SD cards on fleabay a while back. Both checked out fine and formatted without issue. Now the one I put in my phone seems to be wacky. I swapped it out with the other one, just hope it fixes the problem. I'll try to recover the video and take more pics of the Merc. Hopefully I can get the video back online.
    Equipment:

Congrats nice find any silver make good hunt
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Video was corrupted due to bad memory card. Edited a new and improved version. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/StJ0TnTlZnE
    Equipment:

Being accosted by one of the tent creatures is one of my worst fears in detecting. I feel like I should carry a club or something.

Elite Member
    Your doing better than I have at the Park. I hit it last year for an hour before a trip to the Airport and I hit it a couple weeks back for an hour and only found some clad. Congrats and nice video. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 1 Indian - 14 Wheats - $ 5.71 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Nice video and congrats on recovery some more silver. When I first moved to Milwaukee in the late 80’s I was told by an old timer Detectorist that the only County Park still loaded with silver was the old Zoo site, Washington Park. He also told me to bring along a look out and body guard. Good luck and keep your head on a swivel when you are there.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I'm glad you fixed your video , I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to more . Great finds and pictures also . I'll bet the wacko's in your locale
    don't even come close to the wingnuts we have flying around in my area .