Thread: Tiny hunted out park not so hunted out

Tiny hunted out park not so hunted out

Name:  IMG_1383.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  47.3 KBName:  IMG_1384.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  44.4 KBOn my way home from the golf course on the 1st truly comfortable day to detect in a long time I decided to spend a few hours at a small (and I mean tiny) veteran's park on the way home. The park has a few war monuments on it and is probably 100' x 100' in size and is in the middle of town, so truly pounded. The sign said it was established in 1946. I found a 1939 Washington last year and rehunted it a few times and besides a few wheats found nothing else worthwhile. So I hunted it again, but this time used the "high trash" program on the V3i that was so successful at the golf course in the spring and really went slow. I was happy when the 1st Merc showed up so I gridded the surrounding 20' x 20' area and got the rest of the goodies. When I first got there I was detecting for no more than 5 minutes when a fellow detector pulled over and we talked for about 20 minutes about detecting and I mentioned that I was here to kill some time and probably wouldn't find much. Of course he mentioned that no place is ever hunted out and I had to agree with him. He left and my first signal was the Merc. So I guess he was right lol. And I guess a return trip is in order.

Congrats on tearing up that "hunted out" area! While its usually true that no place is completely hunted out, I did one lot that gave up a lot of goodies over great deal of time. But eventually even using my PI machine that can hit on a pin head at 2 feet wouldn't so much as peep any more! Lol
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Wow, congrats on pulling more silvers than wheaties! It takes great skill to find those coins amongst the trash in heavily hunted areas. It just shows what a good detectorist can do when he's got skills. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Good work! Yep, never hunted out. Just need to work harder and smarter at pounded sites.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

In order, indeed!!
    Way to sniff out a few shinny ones from there Mike!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Nice hunting Mike. I have found in the hi-trash program you have to go real slow. That program will lock on any good target. Yup...ya gotta go back....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Looks like you had a good day
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Elite Member
    Congrats on the finds. My whole season has been hitting these types of parks. It is very satisfying finding afew in a place that has been hunted a lot. Congrats WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 13 Wheats - $ 5.29 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Congrats on the finds. My whole season has been hitting these types of parks. It is very satisfying finding afew in a place that has been hunted a lot. Congrats WD
    I could not agree more. Plus we have no choice lol