Thread: My August finds...a busket lister.

Threaded View

My August finds...a busket lister.

August ended up being AMAZING for me but the first 3 weeks were some of the slowest detecting days I have experienced in years. I think all that I found were a handful of wheats, a buff and 1 war nickel.

But that soon changed. Before I went on vacation I found a silver Rosie, the heel plate with the heart shape ( late 1800's probably) and the silver cap thingy. It is not marked but it tests sterling.

While on vacation I also dug a couple Indians including an 1880 that is squished a bit and the sterling pin. Also found a couple musket balls up there but not at the button site.

Name:  warrosie.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  52.1 KB
    Name:  relics.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  77.4 KB
    Name:  silver bling.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  41.6 KB

Here is the pile of War of 1812 buttons I have already posted in the relics section. BTV Digger asked for a pic of everything...I think this will do nicely.

Name:  pile.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  79.7 KB

Then a couple days ago I went to a very old spot and found a bucket lister for me. A beautiful 1868 Shield Nickel. I was very happy to see it.

Name:  Shield dirt.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  115.7 KB

Name:  CWshield.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  CW.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  138.2 KB

In the pic with it is a CW store token I found in a field next to my home. It states "Scotch Store Dry Goods and Millinery Detroit Michigan" on one side and then "Campbell Linn & Co. Business Card"

Then yesterday I had an hour to kill before work and so I went to a near by park. I opened my trunk and saw the Etrac sitting there all sad. I guessed it was upset that I had not taken it out for awhile and that I had been "bashing" it on the forum. I told it "we can still be friends and I promise to use you once in awhile still." So I grabbed it and the two us strolled to an area of the park that I have done extremely well in and noticed that the city had cleared away some brush. "Here is your chance to shine like old times" I told the Etrac. The Etrac made the most of the hour we had together...1957 Washington, 1941 KG6 Canadian dime and 4 wheats. We needed that one on one time.

Name:  etrac.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  42.0 KB

Thanks for looking! Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 08-31-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)