Hi all,
Got some bad news. The new expensive computer I bought last spring died on me. Of course it expired just after the warranty did. Lost 3 good detecting days between working on it myself, dealing with charitable tech support, and then taking it in for repair. Luckily I have a Best Buy service contract, so labor is free. I suspected a bad motherboard, so ordered better aftermarket board.
Well, turns out I was right. 3 of the 4 ram sockets are kaput. The 4th is questionable at best. But the kicker is the new board arrived damaged as well. At least Amazon stands behind their stuff and is risking it back. But now have to wait for another board to arrive, then take everything back to the geek squad and hope it all works out. Then hopefully I'll be able to get more detecting videos out this year.
In the mean time since I have nothing better to do at night I've been putting together a list to build a much better system for doing videos. Planning to build around the 32 core threadripper 2 CPU, 128 Gb ram, quad RTX 2080 Ti watercooled GPUs, and dual custom water loop. Pricey, but reliable. Maybe need a cheaper hobby for when the sun goes down....