Thread: My breast find ever!

Threaded View

My breast find ever!

Yeah. I haven't posted here in forever! I haven't detected as much this year compared to past years, and apart from a few good videos I posted this year on Youtube, many of my hunts recently have been shorter ones and/or at rather uneventful locations. But I'm finally getting back into the groove. Last year I purchased an 1886 farmhouse here in the rolling hills of Tennessee. It's a cool location, because there's a natural spring below the house, and directly across the road is a small cemetery that is older than the house (there's a war of 1812 veteran buried there!) I knew that due to the strategic built location, there could possibly some older items floating around somewhere on the hill. The house has had extensive work over the years and much of the yard had been excavated, so I never found much old stuff other than an 1898 indian head cent, some wheats cents and a few relics here and there. Today, I went next to the old pig pen around where the fields start, to start looking for any non-ferrous targets. Low and behold, in about a 5x5 yard patch I found 4 relics that easily pre-date the house. 3 flat buttons (the broken one is the first tombac I've ever dug) followed up by the find that blew me away! I'm still in shock that this was on my property, along with some colonial buttons. Now I need to try and figure out why they're here. I've heard some rumors from local descendants about a carpetbagger murder near my property, so maybe there's something to these crazy old stories!
    Attached Images Attached Images