Thread: Awesome start to 2019! Two brass kettle points.

Threaded View

Awesome start to 2019! Two brass kettle points.

I apologize for my inactivity on this forum. It was a very busy 2018 for me. Anyways I’m planning on being on here more this year.
    Yesterday I met up with two of my friends Sam and Isaac. We headed to a potential cellar in Massachusetts I had mapped out early in 2018 but never was able to get to it until now. After about an hour hike in we finally found the site. It was obvious there was a mill here at some point. There was a nice old (now gone) stone dam built right next to the cellar hole. The cellar itself was very quiet and didn’t have much iron. Finally I get a repeatable midtone on the cellar hole lip and pull out a small brass point. I immediately you knew I had my first ever brass kettle Point! This had been on my bucket list for a long time. About an hour later on the other side of the cellar hole lip I get a similar signal and find ANOTHER brass kettle point. This one is slightly bent but I’m not complaining. Never thought I’d find two in one hunt. Besides the kettle points, I found a nice tombac button with a Tudor rose design and some other relics. Sam got a two copper spill (both colonial coppers) and Isaac’s best find was a holed capped bust half dime. Overall can’t think of a better way to start off 2019!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button