Hi folks,

Well, the snow has FINALLY melted in the Champlain Valley and the ground has thawed enough that I bit the bullet yesterday by enduring 40 mph wind gusts for my first hunt of the year. It's been too long (last hunt on Dec 1, 2018). Joined up with a new detecting friend I recently met and in talking with him discovered we share several old permissions in a town south of me about 45 minutes. We hit 3 new sites, then returned to my honey field from last year to wrap the day up. All and all about 6 hours of hunting. The second site proved most productive and coughed up several nice silver-washed dandy buttons and my first copper of the year - a no-date KG II Hibernia half penny. Of course, the old honey hole gave me 5 more buttons (that place never seems to completely dry up), one which had a nice little Star of David pattern on it. Lots of "dots on the map" to check out over the coming 6 weeks before the crops get planted. Definitely looking forward to another productive year! Thanks for taking a look.

John

Name:  Wide shot.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  33.6 KBName:  buttons.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  32.0 KBName:  Star of David button.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  34.6 KBName:  KG II Hibernia obverse.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  35.7 KBName:  KG II Hibernia reverse.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  37.6 KB