Thread: Wheatie weekend

Threaded View

Elite Member

Wheatie weekend

I did do a little homework last fall and found an area with photos back to the late 30's. I stopped here on my way upnorth on Friday and was not overly enthused when I saw the layout, my first signal was a wheatie though. After a couple of hours and no more battery power I had 10 total Wheaties and a couple of Rosies. After getting some work done I stopped again late afternoon Saturday and put a bit more time in with a fully charged detector. After about 3 hours I knew I had a lot but I was surprised to see I had 31 Wheaties. Can't ever remember finding that many. Best one was a 31 "D". I also located 3 Mercs and a real nice 14 "D" Barber Dime and 1 War Nickel. It seems obvious this place was probably cherry picked but there was still a lot of penny and dime signals. What is amazing about this place is hardly any coins are more that 2-3 inches under the ground. One Rosie I found was maybe a 1'2" under the surface. The other photo is last Sundays hunt with 5 silver including the first Washington of the year. Looks like Summer is finally showing up. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 1 Indian - 14 Wheats - $ 5.71 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes