Thread: This Week With OxShoe

Threaded View

This Week With OxShoe

Hey Everyone,
    Last weekend I hit a colonial roadbed or "paper road." It took me about 4.5 hours to cover most of the 500 ft road.
    My first good find came out looking like the pictured copper. The reverse was caked and nothing was visible. I ran to my car, thinking I had a flowing hair. With water the details emerged...just a worthless DB . I went back and grabbed an 1860 fatty and a good looking conestoga bell. I find more fatties than I think I should, but less crotal/conestoga bells.

Mid-week I spent in a town park grabbing the normal fare....religious pendants, etc. Oddly, a 1959 wheat came out like it was dropped yesterday.

This morning I only had 90 min and was hitting a new site with large, rock picked, open fields. The 200 yr old house is still standing but about four fields away. I can hunt on all the fields but the ones nearest the house stopped being cultivated just a few years ago, so I can't hunt them as the new growth is too thick. Maybe in the winter. I dug what I think is a Sheffield plated colonial shoe buckle frame. I had my NOX, as I've had for the past year and a half....but tomorrow I'm going to bring out my old friend, my trusty T2! This place has mild soil, much space to swing, and not much metal until you hit something colonial. The game is to cover ground and dig everything that moves. Right in the T2's wheelhouse.
    Happy 4th, everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew