Thread: Central MA Silver And Wheats

Central MA Silver And Wheats

Today I took a drive to Central MA to detect at an old site. I arrived at the location just before 12:00 pm, and detected a relatively small area for about 2 1/2 hours. I left because the site was becoming much too active and noisy. I did find three silver coins though, a Barber quarter and two mercury dimes. I then drove to another park, one I had been to only once this year. I detected around some old large trees for a little over two hours. From there I picked up four silver coins, two mercury dimes and two Roosevelt dimes.

I got careless and scratched the 1927 mercury dime at the edge while digging in the hard and dry soil. Thankfully it wasn't the Barber that took the hit.

I don't yet have information on this token, but it looks like there may be some interesting history behind it.

The two sites yielded a total of sixteen wheat cents.

HH!

Re: Central MA Silver And Wheats

Are all them Mercs in order? That would be cool, kinda like a silver straight flush. Nice bunch of coins and you barely gave lady Liberty a haircut Like the Barber quarter

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Are all them Mercs in order? That would be cool, kinda like a silver straight flush. Nice bunch of coins and you barely gave lady Liberty a haircut Like the Barber quarter
    Three of them are. They are dated 1923, 1926, 1927, and 1928-S. I was getting closer to a 1921. I was denied though.

Veteran Member

Sweet hunt Nice to see those mercs in the 20s, mine always seem to be in the 40s. And that token is cool.

Very nice!

The token is a great one for the collection.

I didn't get out yesterday or today... and from the lack of posts, doesn't look like many people did.

I am going tomorrow morning and definitely plan on finding some silver... so I'll be posting some silver finds tomorrow. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself)

Congrats!!

7 more for the ever growing pile
    It's nice to see a Barber quarter comin' out of the ground......I bet
    Congrats