Don and I had the pleasure of meeting up with Tony two-cent to hit a new town. Don and I got there a little early, even too early to knock on doors however we spotted a man outside his 1930s house surrounded by 1800s houses and decided to ask permission. first hole, 1936 Mercury dime. Pulled a few pieces of trash while walking towards the back and got a high pitched 11-47 seven inches. Bam! Barber quarter! Talking with next door neighbor Don got the permission, front yard I get a jumpy what I thought would be a nail, but because of the high pitch dug anyway. bottom of the sidewall I see the reeded edge and call Don who records me pulling out the Barber half. Unfortunately I nailed it with my shovel. Yes I know Don, I dig too small of holes! Anyways the whole day kind of went like that. I don’t remember when I got the two Indians one of them is an 1878. Caught a guy out doing his lawn and with a yes I pulled a button I don’t recognize followed by a 1935 Washington quarter by the sidewalk. By this time I could tell everyone was getting worn out from the heat but I got kind of a high tone 11-43 sloping towards the street. I usually pass them but sounded too good. First attempt I missed. Tried again by cutting another hole off the side of the other and I see the one dime. I was expecting a slick Barber but instead got my third seated for the year!
The last yard I got nothing. Don pulled a nice barber quarter and then Tony got a V nickel. Just before leaving I got a solid 12-12 at eight inches and I pop my first shield nickel for the year!
Got a strange chicken token and a treasure cloth token too!
Name:  09DCDEFD-48DA-4370-BAF2-60F8A2DFE4D7.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  49.8 KBName:  10A3FD06-2311-4384-8CE1-53B6E077BCFB.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  79.4 KBName:  5067F07C-A3E6-4BB4-B6D9-602C9A64C6C3.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  76.8 KB