Thread: 2 silver rings and lots of clad

Threaded View

2 silver rings and lots of clad

I haven't hunted much for quite awhile .Yesterday I hit a sportsfield
    that is getting a new sprinkler system and eventually a new lawn .This place has been pounded for ages previous to this new development .Fences and locks are now in place but my smooth talking Brother in law got us permission to hunt it . The foreman made only one demand , that if we should find a cache of gold we split it, that works for us . This field is from the fifties or a little older and I'm sure at one time it was home to silver coinage but I am sure it has been pounded heavily over the years .The only silver era coins I found were a crusty 1944 wheat and a 1957 Canadian penny . My clad haul was pretty good at $10.92 and I picked up several other items . We have permission to go back maybe we might be lucky enough to find a silver coin or two .Also pictured is a heavily oxidized Ike Dollar I found in a wood chips tot lot last week it was about 5" deep and very close to the metal base of a piece of playground. This is the second Ike dollar I have found over the years . Thanks for looking and good hunting .
    Attached Images Attached Images